Ask an Expert
call 0800 0744135
9am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday
As for the Mt Cook trip, it was absolutely brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed it and the 10 day course taught me a lot! I'm already thinking of what I would like to climb next.... Possibly something in the Himalayas. Just need to keep up the fitness (and save up a lot of money!!).
Jhamtse Gatsal Charity Trip
Do Something Amazing
Raise money for these kids
Explore the remote Indian Himalayas
Help build a home for disadvantaged children
Take the paths less travelled
Remember Tashi from the Emmy award winning film 'Tashi and the Monk'?
On this unique charity trip you can help support her together with the Jhamtse Gatsal children community that she calls home.
Raise funds and travel with World Expeditions and film director Johnny Burke to remote north eastern India.
Meet Tashi, monk Lobsang, and all the other stars of the film ‘Tashi & the Monk’.
Highlights of the 16-day adventure touring holiday:
- Visit a remote part of northern India where only few travellers have been
- Work alongside members of the Jhamtse Gatsal children community
- A stunning day trek along tribal & Mompa villages and Tawangchu River
- Visit the largest Tibetan monastery outside of Tibet: Tawang Monastery
- Raise funds for Jhamtse Gastal Children Community ahead of your trip
- Visit Nameri National Park to spot elephants, tiger, leopard, barking deer & exotic birdlife
For the exact travel dates, the full itinerary & more contact our team in London or check out the Jhamtse Gatsal Children's Community Indian Himalaya Challenge trip page.