Antarctic & Arctic
Take an adventure holiday in ANTARCTICA and the high ARCTIC with World Expeditions, one of the world’s leading travel companies
Antarctic & Arctic Voyages and Small Group Cruises
View our full range of Antarctica Holidays & Cruises here
Join a World Expeditions guided Arctic cruise or Antarctic voyage and experience some of the world's most precious and extreme wilderness landscapes. Whatever your interest or reason for visiting the Polar regions, we are sure to have the right voyage for you. Each tour aims to provide many opportunities for shore visits to view the wildlife at close proximity. While at sea, hear about the fascinating wildlife and history of the region from our experienced lecturers. You can holiday with a relaxing cruise or consider the adventure tour options – kayaking, alpine crossing, climbing, mountaineering, diving, and camping on ice.
Antarctica is the coldest, highest and driest continent on the planet – a land of extremes perfect for the adventure traveller yearning to experience the beauty and spectacle of mother nature at her very best.
- Appreciate the rich wildlife and landscape of the Antarctic Peninsula for climbers and kayakers up close with the option to kayak, photography, camp on ice, and climb the peaks of Antarctica.
- Take a spectacular adventure across the Antarctic Circle, with a diving option to view icebergs and penguins from a different angle
- Discover Antarctica – explore the deep bays and fjords of the western Antarctic Peninsula – walk, sea kayak, dive and trek glaciers among the multitude of penguin rookeries and seal colonies
Antarctica Vacations – Cruises
Cruise the magnificent Antarctica, enjoying regular shore excursions and opportunities to spot whales, seals and other unique wildlife in the company of world class naturalists.
- Explore deep into Antarctica and beyond on our remote Ross Sea Explorer - In the footsteps of Scott & Shackleton
- Tour the remote islands and ice floes of the northern Weddell Sea & Antarctic Peninsula
- Cruise the natural beauty of Antarctica from the comfort of the well appointed Antarctic Dream
- Antarctica Encompassed – travel the Falklands, South Georgia, South Orkney’s & Antarctic Peninsula
- Search for the Emperor Penguin on a stunning voyage to the Weddell Sea
Arctic – Adventure Tours – Cruising, Kayaking, Diving
The Arctic provides wonderful opportunities for tundra and glacier walking, kayaking, diving, fjord exploration plus dramatic landscapes, and wildlife viewing.
- Spitsbergen Odyssey - Experience a land of towering mountains, huge glaciers and vast ice plateaus You will enjoy frequent trips ashore, a kayaking option and trek through the tundra and the mountains
- For the experienced dry-suit diver, travel on our North or Around Spitsbergen to appreciate the icecaps, glaciers and the underwater world close up.
- Explore Jewels of the Arctic – using the zodiacs and sea kayaks to make landings where possible
Arctic – Cruises
Our high Arctic voyages reveal beautiful fjords and remote islands with many onshore wildlife encounters.
- Embark on the ultimate Arctic cruise – Iceland, Greenland, Spitsbergen and Norway
- Tour the magnificent peaks of Spitsbergen and coast of Northeast Greenland, sighting polar bear, playful grey seals and groups of walrus.
- For those short on time, cruise North Spitsbergen – experience all the wildlife and scenery of the Arctic
Arctic and North Atlantic – Cruising and Kayaking
The rugged coastlines of the Svalbard Archipelago, Scotland and Norway will take you back in time, unfolding a breathtaking landscape rich with biodiversity.
- Take a voyage of the beautiful Lofoten Islands, Norway in search of the Orca Whale
Protecting Antarctica's Environment – Responsible Travel
Antarctica is the largest wilderness region on earth and deserves special protection. The International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators (IAATO) was formed in 1991 to promote environmentally responsible travel to the Antarctic. World Expeditions is committed to responsible travel and true sustainability, and is proud to be an Associate Member of IAATO. Participants on our voyages are briefed on the environmental codes of conduct and the scientific explanations behind them to help maximise the enjoyment of their visit without compromising the pristine environment.